Rugs can be great addition to your home that will serve many purposes starting from stopping excessive soil aggravation to looking just great in your living room, however those may be expensive to change and sometime to clean it may be a bit of strain to.
One has to be aware that cleaning rugs at your own home may be a cause of them loosing much of their life expectancy if not done correctly, that is why I’ll go over how to clean your rug in a way to provide best results and expend their life spam.
Steps to fallow:
- At least once a month flip your rug and vacuum it from the other side to extract any extra soil and provide chance for it to be able to breath fresh air from you home.
- Do not vacuum fringes/tassels of your rug, there is totally no need to do it and by doing so you can damage it without great results achieved in the process.
- Be aware of carpet cleaning solutions, most of them are designed to actually be used on the synthetic carpets and not on the wool, always check the label of your detergents, and make sure to test any detergent before actually using it on the entire rug.
- Make sure to clean stains as soon as they are made to prevent them from drying out and then being very difficult to remove from your rug or carpet. Is the stain is from milk then certain attention should be given to rinse the are from the milk with mild solution of cleaning detergent.
- Pet odour, this is one very difficult thing to get rid off from your carpet, however using this very simple trick you can achieve great results. Use Vinegar solution 1 to 3 ratio and wash your carpet with it, chemicals from vinegar are great fight the odour and stains to of this particular nature.